The Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Resolves complaints made by or for consumers of long-term care facilities
- Educates consumers and long-term care providers about rights and good care practices
- Promotes community involvement through volunteer opportunities
- Provides information to the public on nursing homes and other long-term care facilities and services, residents’ rights and legislative and policy issues
- Advocates for residents’ rights and quality care in nursing homes, personal care, assisted living, domiciliary care homes, and adult daily living centers.
- Promotes the development of citizen organizations, family councils and resident councils
CARIE’s Philadelphia Ombudsman Program CARIE’s Philadelphia Ombudsman program serves consumers in long-term care settings in Center City, North Central, South, South West, and West Philadelphia.
To contact an ombudsman at CARIE call:
CARIE’s Montgomery County Ombudsman Program serves consumers in Montgomery County.
Montgomery County: 610-860-5050
You may also call us at 1-800-356-3606 or contact us online.