The Long Term Care Ombudsman:
- Resolves complaints made by or for consumers of long-term care facilities
- Educates consumers and long-term care providers about rights and good care practices
- Promotes community involvement through volunteer opportunities
- Provides information to the public on nursing homes and other long-term care facilities and services, residents’ rights and legislative and policy issues
- Advocates for residents’ rights and quality care in nursing homes, personal care, assisted living, domiciliary care homes, and adult daily living centers.
- Promotes the development of citizen organizations, family councils and resident councils
CARIE’s Ombudsman Program serves consumers in long-term care settings located in Center City, South Philadelphia, Southwest Philadelphia, North Philadelphia and West Philadelphia.
To contact an ombudsman at CARIE call 215-545-5724 or 1-800-356-3606 or contact us online.
Center in the Park’s Ombudsman Program serves consumers in long-term care located in Northeast and Northwest Philadelphia.
To contact an ombudsman at Center in the Park call 215-844-1829.
To find an ombudsman in your area, call the CARIE at 215-545-5728 or 1-800-356-3606 or submit an inquiry online via the “Get Help” link.
Interested in becoming a Volunteer Ombudsman? Please see the volunteer description for more information.